Updated at 11:30,08-12-2016

Death toll from Pinskdrew explosion reaches 14

The death toll from an explosion that occurred in the chipboard shop of the Pinskdrew woodworking company last week reached 14 people on November 1.

A spokesperson for the Pinsk City Prosecutor's Office told BelaPAN that 13 people had died as a result of the October 25 blast as of Monday morning.

A representative of the Minsk-based National Burns Center later announced that one more person hospitalized after the explosion had died on the morning of November 1.

Three more people injured in the explosion received treatment at the National Burns Center on Monday, including one at the intensive care unit.

Three more people remained at the intensive care unit of the Brest Regional Hospital. All of them were said to be conscious and their condition was described as serious but stable.

The press office of the emergency management ministry said last week that the explosion at Pinskdrew was believed to have been caused by human operation error.

The blast was due to wood dust that had accumulated in wood pellet equipment as a result of its improper operation, the press office said.

A total of 48 people were inside the building when the blast happened.

The Security Council has formed a commission to investigate the accident. The findings of the inquiry are to be reported to the Security Council by November 15.