Belarus and Hong Kong agree to abolish visas
Following a meeting between a Belarusian delegation headed by First Vice Prime Minister Vasily Matyushevsky and with the Head of Administration of Hong Kong Special on Monday, 16 January, sides have reached an agreement on mutual visa abolition.Read more
- 16.01Belarus and Hong Kong agree to abolish visas
- 14.01Moldovans revealed as the second-biggest drinkers in the world
- 13.01Inflation in Belarus at 11.8% in 2016
- 13.01Moody’s: Belarus’ economy will be the only one in CIS to drop in
- 13.01Hrodna woman sentenced for porn picture in VK
- 13.01Human rights defender Bandarenka gets charged again before
- 13.01Svetlana Alexievich leaves Russian PEN Center
- 13.01German media: EU plans refugee camps in Belarus
- 12.01Minsk and around: 11 ideas and tips for your 5-day Visa-free
Up till recently the visa barrier made even experienced travelers overlook Belarus in favor of other destinations like Lithuania or Ukraine.
Dyiana Selvanava from Hrodna, Belarus, has been sentenced to two years with a year reprieve, she has to pay 690 rubles of fine, she will have her phone confiscated and will be bound by travel restrictions. Read more...
In 2016 the index of consumer prices for goods and services totaled 111.8% as against 2015, the National Statistics Committee told the media. The projected inflation rate for 2016 was 12%. Read more...
Imprisoned human rights defender Andrei Bandarenka has been charged again three months after his imprisonment. Bandarenka has been accused of ‘malicious disobedience to the colony administration by a person penalized for a heinous crime, the human Read more...
Moldovans revealed as the second-biggest drinkers in the world by interactive map that charts booze consumption in every country
Brits may have a reputation for liking a tipple but they’re actually only the 17th booziest nation in the world, pipped to the top rankings by drinkers in a number of Eastern European countries. Read more...
- 13-01-2017, 23:43 Svetlana Alexievich leaves Russian PEN Center
- 13-01-2017, 23:42 German media: EU plans refugee camps in Belarus
- 11-01-2017, 23:55 English may return to Minsk metro as Belarus waits for more tourists
- 13-01-2017, 23:56 Moody’s: Belarus’ economy will be the only one in CIS to drop in 2017
- 09-01-2017, 19:05 Russia cuts crude oil supplies to Belarus - reports
- 09-01-2017, 19:02 Gazprom tower construction in Minsk frozen over foundation defects - reports
- 09-01-2017, 19:07 Lukashenka warns against attempts to “humiliate” Belarus
- 06-01-2017, 22:13 Polish PM promises not to close Belsat
- 05-01-2017, 22:08 Metropolitan Pavel comments on detention of Regnum authors
- 09-01-2017, 18:44 Teenager invents phone charger which generates energy from the human body
- 06-01-2017, 22:23 The town in Belarus from where cigarettes are smuggled to the UK
- 05-01-2017, 21:54 Belarus court rules against AP reporter for Chernobyl story