Hundreds detained in Minsk protest
Several hundred people have been detained during a protest in central Minsk today. These include dozens domestic and foreign journalists.Read more
- 26.03Euronews: Belarus protest turns violent as hundreds arrested
- 26.03The Washington Post: Belarus police arrest over 400 protesters;
- 26.03The Guardian: Outrage as Belarus arrests authors, publishers and
- 26.03Politico: Europe, keep an eye on Minsk
- 26.03Hundreds detained in Minsk protest
- 24.03Tanker with Iranian oil for Belarus arrives in Odessa
- 24.03Belarus KGB detains suspects as state pushes 'armed
- 24.03Ales Lahviniec has concussion, closed craniocerebral injury,
- 24.03‘Fiction out of the blue’: Ukraine, Lithuania flatly reject
On 22 March, Alexander Lukashenka revealed an extraordinary discovery – the authorities had arrested armed fighters who were planning to overthrow the government on 25 March, the day when the Belarusian opposition traditionally celebrates Freedom Day with mass rallies.
Non-freeloaders’ actions are being held in the provinces. Several hundred people gathred in the centre of Slonim to protest against decree #3 and discuss the situation in the country at 3 p.m. Read more...
The tanker with Iranian crude oil for Belarus arrived in the Black Sea port of Odessa in Ukraine, deputy director general of Belarusian Oil Company Siarhei Hryb told BELTA. Read more...
State television reports in Belarus say the country's security agency, the KGB, has detained an unspecified number of people suspected of plotting mass disorder. Read more...
Police in Minsk have arrested hundreds of people during a mass rally organised to mark the 99th anniversary of the proclamation of the Belarussian People’s Republic. Read more...
- 20-03-2017, 11:54 First death sentence handed down in Belarus in 2017
- 20-03-2017, 11:50 Belarusian High Court orders AP reporter to disavow radioactive-milk story
- 15-03-2017, 23:37 Over 4400 foreigners arrived in Belarus during first month of visa-free regime
- 16-03-2017, 0:21 Lukashenko orders to employ all jobless Belarusians by 1 May
- 15-03-2017, 23:39 Lukashenko appoints new head of Belarus high-tech park
- 13-03-2017, 12:47 Lukashenka approves draft framework agreement with European Investment Bank
- 24-03-2017, 22:55 Ales Lahviniec has concussion, closed craniocerebral injury, broken nose
- 24-03-2017, 22:54 ‘Fiction out of the blue’: Ukraine, Lithuania flatly reject Lukashenka’s claims
- 24-03-2017, 22:51 Belarusian leader accuses West of using 'fifth column' to fuel unrest
- 26-03-2017, 0:59 The Washington Post: Belarus police arrest over 400 protesters; many are beaten
- 26-03-2017, 0:39 The Guardian: Outrage as Belarus arrests authors, publishers and journalists in crackdown
- 26-03-2017, 0:35 Politico: Europe, keep an eye on Minsk